Monday, November 24, 2014

Forward Progress Being Made

I have accomplished very little this last week, but the week before was exceptional. And the icing on the cake, the ribbon on the present, the pudding on the mashed potatoes? I believe my partner has created an exceptional idea in the name of the publishing company. It works on several levels, including personal ones. It's simple. I am looking forward to making a go of it. Here is an example of the company checklist for any that are interested:
  • Business name
  • Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) account
  • Copyright account
  • ISBN
  • DBA (ABN in Idaho)
  • PO Box
  • EIN
  • Bank Account
  • Social Media
  • Company Blog
  • Password Account
  • Manuscript(s)
There are numerous bullet points underneath each bullet, but those are specific to my concerns. Plus, I don't want to give anything away that might impede progress. The results of the research is invigorating.  While I have been working on an exceptional career opportunity, I am eager to get back authoring.

To put it into the metaphor I've been using, I thought I had an Author-ship, fine figurehead, strong beams, stout hull, taut lines, and eager captain. But now I see that it is the mere outline of a ship. These efforts aren't about making ready to navigate; these efforts about making ready to ply that ship building trades to make ready to set the Author-ship into the water.

Work to do, exciting work! Take up the hammer, chisel, and plane. Push the wood into ship-shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment